Tuesday 30 April 2013

Getting Back Into The (Slow) Swing Of Things

I slept till 2:30pm today. I was kind of expecting it but still...

I did get the last few pieces of my top pattern copied off so I can have a go at sewing them all in different colours and finally not have the huge pieces of brown paper lying on the floor of my bedroom.


I also stuck a couple of my older pieces of fabric in the washing machine so I can pull them out for sewing when I find something that'll suit them. (Plus they get a bit dirty sometimes.) When I hung it up to dry I discovered this on the corner. It's called blackwork embroidery and I did it when I was 15/16 and was a little bit fascinated by Elizabethan clothing. I'd completely forgotten about it, but I now have the urge to try doing it on a garment.


What do you think? Would some embroidery look cute around the collar of view B (red/white stripes)?

No comments:

Post a Comment