Friday 5 April 2013

Busting Out The Machine Again!

I got quite a lot done today. I got out my laptop, set some podcasts playing, and plodded through the last tailor tacks. There are 28 tailor tacks in this pattern plus loads of darts and it's driving me a bit nuts if I'm honest. Let's hope it'll be worth it.


I'm doing something for this toile that I didn't do for the jacket one (which I will finish). I stitched a line to mark the seam allowance so if I do make any adjustments it'll be easy to measure how much I changed and add that to the pattern pieces. I saw this in other peoples blogs and I have to admit, it definitely makes sense.


I'm going into town tomorrow to go shopping with a friend to get his costume for the same party I'm wearing this dress to, so I don't know how much sewing I'll get done but I might buy one or two items.

In other news, I had a very silly injury today. Yesterday I noticed as I was walking along that I slouched a lot. I don't like that about myself so I made a conscious effort to stand up strait. And ended up straining a muscle in my neck/shoulder. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment