Tuesday 28 May 2013

Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Anyone who knows me will know that I'm a cheapskate to the bone. If I can save 10p on noodles then I'll walk a mile. It's not like I'm living hand to mouth, I'm just a cheapskate.

On the other hand, there are some things you shouldn't skimp on. Your loved ones, because they're worth every penny, your glasses, because incorrect prescriptions only make things worse, walking shoes, because you'll feel it if you don't, and the one I want to talk about today.

(source)
I firmly believe that you can't skimp when you're
buying an umbrella. I've made the mistake one too many times of going for the cheapest one I can find then getting annoyed at myself when it blew out and broke on the second or third use.

For the last two years I've been using the one in my profile picture and I love it. I bought it at the Derby Pride Festival just a few minutes before it started raining and it's worked beautifully since then, but it's getting a bit battered (mostly because it got some boxes put on it while I was moving house).

So now I'm on the hunt for a new umbrella. It has to be hardy, big enough to give my torso and legs some protection and make me just a little bit happier on a sad, grey day.
(source)

I'll keep my eyes open for something in the shops, but I suspect I'll end up turning to the internet for what I want, and that comes with it's own risks. When you buy something without seeing it you don't really know what quality it is? Do you think any of them offer to take it back if breaks in the first month? If I end up spending £30 on one of the really nice ones then they'd better!

Oh, well. Of all the problems in the world that isn't a big one.

(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment