Friday 17 May 2013

Sleeve Failure

I had a go at drafting a sleeve since I last posted and it went quite well, up to a point. It's mostly just a bit of maths. Nothing you can't do with a simple calculator or just pen and paper.

(source)
It was going fine, but I've already mentioned that my block isn't quite the same proportions as the one in the book. I should have guessed that the width of the sleeve would be different. My sleeve block was wide compared to my bodice block so I didn't leave enough room and my lines fell of the edge.

On the bright side, I'm starting to see that all blocks look different, even if they come from the same basic instructions. As long as it fits when I put it on it'll all work out okay. I don't know if it actually will, but I'll find out soon enough.

I went out with my boyfriend today for all you can eat sushi today and he's come home with me to spend the night so tomorrow morning I'm probably going to take his measurements if he'll let me. He's a bit delicate about his weight, but we're planning to diet and go to the gym together so fingers crossed we can loose weight together.

No comments:

Post a Comment