Thursday 9 May 2013

Pucker Up!

My blue top that I started when I was at my parents house is starting to look something like a top, though less so in this picture. As you'll remember, I finished sewing the ties by hand yesterday and decided to do the rest with my Brother PX-110. It's a heck of a lot faster, but I noticed when I was doing it that the fabric seamed to pucker the same as when I did it with a good old needle and thread.

I tried twiddling the nobs and adjusting everything I could think of but it stayed the same. I guess I'll have to dig out the manual tomorrow.

It doesn't really matter. It's probably going to become a set of PJs if I ever get around to making a pair of shorts to go with it and everything's a learning experience if it doesn't go right. At least I can say I was doing something.
I also cut out the interfacing that I'd somehow forgot about when I was cutting the fashion fabric. I've never been able to get iron on interfacing to work right but fingers crossed I can master it with the help of youtube and google. I'm going to do a whole post about it tomorrow, though, so I won't go on too long.

In other news, my copy of Couture Sewing Techniques came through my door today, only a little bit bent from coming through the letter box.

I also got a call from someone from one of the stalls at the Spring Fair in my local town. I won the guess how many sweets in the jar game but they're going to have to take it to my parents house because I live about 60 miles away. I have to say, being a trains journey away from snacking is enough to keep me good (just).

What have you guys been up to? Any spring outings?

No comments:

Post a Comment