Sunday 26 May 2013

Pencil skirts

(source)

I'm not a big pencil skirt wearer, haven't been in years. I've spent most of my life either in school uniform or lounging at home in jeans or, I'm a little embarrassed to say, pajamas.

I've only owned one that I can remember and if I still have it then it doesn't fit.

Before now I haven't really had the confidence to wear skirts. Clothes were for keeping out the cold and I just threw on whatever was easiest. Plus, I've never been very confident about my weight and preferred clothes that would swamp me rather than show off my body.

In the next few weeks I'm going to be making my first pencil skirt. Partly because of changes in my tastes and partly because the pencil skirt pattern block is the pattern that is the basis of all other skirt patterns.

If you want to make a pencil skirt then there's a lot of information online and you can look at the old sew along over at A Fashionable Stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment