Wednesday 29 May 2013

Onesies

(source)
I haven't seen any other sewing bloggers talking about this and probably for good reason, but I wanted to write at least one post about onesies. They've been in the news every now and again because some silly people go round town in them and look kind of ridiculous.

I'd never wear one to the bus stop but my boyfriend brought over his awesome panda onesie last night and I slept in it as pajamas. He bought it to wear at a comic convention because his costume arrived after he left and it's so amazingly soft and warm that I could just curl up in a little onesie cocoon and sleep for a couple of months.

Maybe it's one of those things that would be simpler just to buy, but I've decided that at some point I want to make one for myself. I have some suitable black fabric in my stash and if I want some other colours then I can just pop down to the fabric shop. They seem to have almost everything there.

You can get them made to look like loads of different animals, from dogs to dinosaurs, but I won't be bothering with that. At least for my first one.

(source)

The other type, apart from the "cool" ones which I don't count, are the cutie ones. Imagine a three month old girl all grown up but still wearing the same clothing. They're more likely to have feet because they aren't even pretending to be grown up and if you only wear them round the house than why not?

(source)

Would any of you make a onesie? Would you even wear one?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to say NO. But, to each their own! They do look super comfy! Personally I think it's a little silly, but I come from a household that you don't go out in pajamas OR boxers OR yoga pants! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely won't be going outside in it, don't worry! :)

      Delete