Saturday 4 May 2013

Project Planning

I'll be honest here. I don't usually put a whole lot of thought into what I wear day to day. Sure, I try to put on colours that match and styles that go together, but a lot of what I do is grabbing what's closest and throwing it on. If it needs ironing or a lot of work, it tends to stay in the wardrobe.

That goes for my underthings as well. I grab whatever's clean and might add tights or leggings if I feel like wearing a dress or a skirt but for me they mostly come in black and are only there to cover up a body part I don't like (my eczema) or that I don't want to put on show (when I get on my bike).

I started to give this approach a bit of a rethink when I went out walking in my polka dot dress yesterday. The cotton fabric stuck to my leggings every time I moved and as the pleated fabric worked up it looked like I was wearing a cup. It doesn't look that bad when it's laying properly but with all that fabric on my abdomen it can all go wrong incredibly fast.


I wouldn't have this problem if I'd lined my dress, but how many dresses are actually lined these days? I don't think I have any that are, but that might just be because I'm a cheapskate. So what are the other options?

I could always try using different fabric? I don't remember ever having this problem with other cottons and different fabrics but I don't have all that great a memory. Maybe this happens with everything?


The better option for me, something I've touched on before, is a petticoat. When I covered them earlier I was only thinking about shape, but a nice, slippery layer between my clothes and myself would definitely fix my problem.


It's something to put on my list, along with a dozen other things. I could even break out my pattern drafting books.


What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment