Saturday 14 November 2015

Trousers!

I finally got all the hemming finished on the brown dress, and all that remains now is to get mum to take a picture on Sunday. Turns out we aren't going to the Grandparent's house because Grandad had a fall and is in the hospital for a heart operation. I'm worried the long stay in hospital won't be good for him, because last time he lost a lot of weight and mobility and he doesn't have much left to lose.

On a much more self centered note, I've started tracing off the pattern for a pair of trousers. I'm using the Sewaholic one so it's the first time my bum hasn't been three sizes larger than my waist.


I bought a white cover for the table so I could see the lines better when I'm tracing, and I weighed the paper down with cans of tuna and spam.

I'm at my parents house now, and just got my hands on a book I accidentally ordered to their address. That's not that bad. When I first moved to Stoke I got a load of DVDs sent to my previous flat in Dunchurch. :-P


The clothes are a bit weird, but it looks like fun stuff to play with, and you can't see it in most of the pictures but the sample clothes are made in miniature! Lol!

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your grandpa!
    I have the same book, it's quite fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to think where you'd wear that kind of thing, but the cut out dress caught my attention. I think I just like the idea of a dress that would show off my tattoo. :-D

      Delete