Wednesday 25 November 2015

Button Holes

This blog just reached 15,000 hits! I wonder how many of them are my? :-P


I think I figured out how to make button holes! Not so much with the buttonhole foot, but if I set the stitch length to button hole and the stitch to normal zigzag, I can very carefully sew one with my normal zigzag foot. I just have to figure out the length thing. :-)


Heck, if I'm going to have to put work into making buttonholes, I might as well give the ones in my sewing books a go some time.

As for the shirts I'm slowly getting around to, I'm going to use bedsheets to make toils. Hopefully they'll be less of a disaster than the black pinstripe one. Sadly, I left said bedsheets at my parents house this past weekend, so I'm going to spend the rest of the week tracing off the medium size shirt for my older brother and then? I've gotten the shirt bug and I'm going to make one for myself.


I'm going to use the peter pan collar from E (the yellow one) and the sleeves from C (cuffless) without the lace trim. If I keep it nice and plain I can wear it with ridiculously over the top waistcoats and vests. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment