Monday 11 January 2016

Books!

I finished two books yesterday! Both of them were quite short, but still...

Firstly, Chinese Clothing by Hua Mei, which I started a week ago. The pictures were okay, and the text was okay, but they felt like they'd been put together by two different people who didn't know what each other were doing until it came time to put the final draft together. It would spend a page talking about something like the lenin dress... and then never show one! I don't get it!

The other book I did quite like. "We wore what we'd got" by Maggie Wood was more about how things were for people in the second world war than about styles. It was interesting reading about land girls making moleskin slippers. Step one? Catch a mole.


It's definitely worth a read, since it's both quick and quite funny.

Also, I finished my antibiotics, so fingers crossed I'm all healthy now! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment